Monday, December 13, 2010

Dear President Obama





Dear Mr. President,

I’m going to start by saying, you’ve gotten a bad reputation by getting handed a screwed up economy. That being said, this tax bill is completely ludicrous! I know you didn’t want unemployment to get shut down. That would be a bad thing for sure. It really doesn’t make sense to tax the people on unemployment more. We are keeping this Bush tax law in place, but raising taxes on anyone making 20k – 40k? What about that makes any sense? It really is a travesty when you keep taxes for someone who makes more than 250k the same, but bump up the poor to middle class. What are you telling people by doing this? Let me tell you, screw the poor and almost middle class we’ll give the tax relief to people that don’t really need it. Trouble with this is people that may have made over 40k per year now make less. Perhaps not everyone, but anyone who lost their job and settled for any job they could get or anyone on unemployment.

Lowering taxes on pay checks is a tremendous idea! Regrettably, it’s on Social Security, so my guess is I won’t have that option when I retire. How about lowering a different tax such as federal, state, Medicare? I really think lowering taxes is a bad idea in any case. How do you expect the economy to grow while lowering taxes? I say raise them all, if you’re going to do it to someone who makes a minimal salary do it to everyone!

What is going on with the housing market? This HAMP deal you proposed, doesn’t work as well as you said it would. I haven’t heard much about it in recent months. I do know several people that have applied for this. I know only one person that was approved for the modification. This person makes over 100k per year. This man didn’t pay his mortgage for over a year. He had a gambling problem. HAMP worked well for this man. Lowered his interest, lowered the payment, and took away everything he owed for a whole year. I tried to get this myself, and was shut down told we didn’t qualify. There are so many clauses in this bill that does not make sense. If anyone has an FHA loan, they will never get this deal. It would be nice if you could figure out another way to help people. No one wants to lose their home, so many have already. You need to help people and make the laws for HAMP clear.

When the Republicans take over the house in January, please veto any law they propose! They will screw up our country just like every other Republican has done from the start. I really want to believe in you, and I do for now. You are truly making it very hard to do. You know as well as I do that trickle down politics does not work. It never will, Conservatives seem to think it will. I don’t know what their reasoning is behind this, but it never has. It makes the wealthy even wealthier, creating jobs will not happen. It will be the downfall to this country. It really is a scary thought especially when I have small children. They are going to be living in poverty even with a college degree.
Homeless American woman and her children. This will happen more and more.

The poor college graduates now, can’t get a job if they do they are getting paid way under the normal. If you look for jobs in my area there are 3-5 mostly things that require college or something that pays well under the norm. Unemployment continues to rise, it will continue to until there are real jobs out there. I don’t blame any unemployed person that doesn’t take a job that pays less then they are getting on unemployment. After all, they paid into that unemployment.

Here's another good idea, raise the import tax. If you raise this tax they will bring most of the companies back here. It's not public information what stocks and corporations politicians have stake in. It should be public information, if it was the Americans would vote a hell of a lot differently.
If Bush can figure it out anyone can....



If you want my vote in 2012 and every other vote you would be expecting to get you need to do what you planned. Fight those bastard conservatives on everything they propose, to a point they may try to make good laws. It’s hard to believe they will do what they say, not that they said much. The only thing I seen during the November election was democrats and republicans bashing each other. Truthfully I didn’t hear any real debating going on. The power of veto is a strong tool you hold. Please use it wisely.

Thank you for reading and good luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment